The goal of the FitClipse project is to develop advanced tool support for Executable Acceptance Test Driven Development (EATDD).
Fit is a tool that supports EATDD.
FitClipse feature list (current):
- Developed as an Eclipse Plugin
- Stores test history to generate reports
- Progress tracking based on test results
- Distinguishes between regression failures and not-yet-implemented failures
- Generates test stubs
- Test refactoring to ensure consistency between fixtures and test definitions
- Multi-modal acceptance testing
- Integrated with the EclEmma code coverage tool.
Features in development:
The FitClipse software is provided under the ASE Open Source License. The installation page describes how you can set up FitClipse in your environment. See User Documentation to understand how to work with FitClipse.
This project has been discontinued.
- Chengyao Deng: FitClipse: a Testing Tool for Supporting Executable Acceptance Test Driven Development, M.Sc. Thesis, University of Calgary, Department of Computer Science, Aug 2007.
- Chengyao Deng, Patrick Wilson and Frank Maurer: FitClipse: A Fit-based Eclipse Plug-in For Executable Acceptance Test Driven Development, Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Agile Processes in Software Engineering and eXtreme Programming (XP 2007), Come, Italy 2007 (Springer).
- C. Deng, P. Wilson, F. Maurer: FitClipse: An Eclipse Plug-in For Execuatble Acceptance Test Driven Development, Proc. on Eclipse Technology eXchange (ETX 2006), Interactive Poster, Oct. 2006