Skip to content
Recent Post-Doctoral Research Fellows
- Fatemeh Hendijani Fard.
- Ayman A. Issa.
- Jennifer Ferreira.
- Craig Anslow.
- Jonathan Haber
- Mahshid Marbouti: Big Data Analytics
- S.M. Sohan
- Zahra Sahaf (Co-supervision)
- Zahra Shakeri (Co-supervision): Software Engineering for the Cloud
- Theodore Hellmann: Automated GUI Testing (2014)
- Mehrdad Nurolahzade:Test-driven code search and reuse (2014)
- Seyed Mehdi Nasehi
- Yaser Ghanam: An Agile Framework for Variability Management in Software Product Line Engineering (2011)
- Shelly Park: Communicating Domain Knowledge through Example-Driven Story Testing (2011)
- Grigori Melnik: Executable acceptance testing (2007) – He is now a Senior Product Planner at Microsoft.
- Carmen Zannier: An Empirical Evaluation of Decision Making in Software Design (2007) – now working as a business analyst in industry.
- Harald Holz: Process-based knowledge management support for software engineering (2002) – now at DFKI, Germany
- Boris Koetting: Der Nutzen virtueller Marktplaetze fuer die Software-Entwicklungsdomaene (2002) – He is now a project manager for the German government
- Barbara Dellen: Change Impact Analysis Support for Software Development Processes (2000) – She is now a project leader at Deutsche Bundespost, Germany
Recent M.Sc. and Diploma
- Alaa Azazi: Novel technologies and spatial-awareness in multi-surface environments (Personal Website)
- Edwin Chan
- Julia Paredes: Information Visualization for Clinical Health Data
- Julia Zochodne
- Rahul Kamal Bhaskar: Developing bigdata analytics application using agile software development process
- Sydney Pratte: Projection feedback in multi-surface environments
- S. M. Waliur Rahman: Personal Health Analytics for Chronic Illness Management
Recent Software Developers
- Daniel Gonzalez.
- Irene Mayor.
- Jade White.
- Nicole Loison.
- Yuxi Wang.
- Tiago Silva da Silva (PhD student): Agile Interaction Design
- Mikko Korkola (PhD student): Communication in distributed teams
Previous member by year:
M.Sc. and Diplom in Informatik
- Apoorve Chokshi: Social media for emergency response
- F. Marinho Moreira Rodrigues: Exploring Collaboration with Geospatial Information in Multi-Display Environments
- Shahbano Farooq: Network Visualizations
- Chris Burns: An API for Multi-Surface Systems
- Zabedul Akbar: Usability Evaluation of an API for Visualizing and Interacting with Trees
- Tulio de Souza Alcantara: Development of a new control interface for MRI machines and the use of machine learning concepts for gesture recognition tools
- Arlo O’Keeffe: IntAirAct: A Framework enabling Device Interaction using REST
- Abhishek Sharma: An Exploratory, Longitudinal Case Study on Testing of Web Mapping Applications
- Darren Andreychuk: Evaluating the Performance of Direct-Injection and TUIO-based Protocols for Multi-Touch Data Transfer
- Benjamin Lautenschlaeger: Campus Navigation application using GIS
- Ealaf Selim: Requirements and Reuse in an Agile Environment for Tabletop-based GIS Applications
- Maha Shouman(M.Sc. student): Tangible tabletop interaction API Wall-sized displays for supporting oil & gas exploration
- Christian Schlueter (M.Sc. student): Wall-sized displays for supporting oil & gas exploration
- Pierre Bastianelli (Undergrad): Interaction design for digital surfaces
- S M Sohan: Auto-Tagging Emails with User Stories Based on Agile Project Context.
- Shahedul Huq Khandkar: Device independent toolkit for multi-touch gesture recognition & automated testing
- Theodore Hellmann: Enhancing Exploratory Testing with Rule-Based Verifications
- David Fox: Agile Methods and User Centered Design: How These Two Methodologies are Being Integrated in Industry
- Felix Rieger: Test-based Feature Management for Agile Product Lines
- Denis Elbert: Refactoring of Acceptance Tests in Visual Studio
- Ali Hosseini Khayat: Distributed Wizard of Oz Usability Testing for Agile Teams – now a SDET at Microsoft, Redmond
- Caryna Pinheiro: Adopting Iterative and Incremental Development
- Xin Wang: Using Digital Tabletop to Support Distributed Agile Project Planning – now working as a software developer at Amazon.
- Robert Morgan: Distributed AgilePlanner: A Card Based Planning Environment for Agile Teams – now working as a business analyst at ATB
- Heiko Ordelt: Refactoring of Acceptance Tests
- Sebastian Weber: Agile Planning on Digital Tabletop Devices – now working as a software developer in Frankfurt, Germany
- Kai Nehring: Integration of Agile Planner into IBM Jazz Development Environment
- Patrick Wilson: Active Story: A Low Fidelity Prototyping and Distributed Usability Testing Tool for Agile Teams
- Ruth Ablett: A robotic colleague for agile software teams
- Xueling Shu: Agile methods for bioinformatics
- Chengyao Deng: FitClipse I
- Kobe Davis (course-based)
- Harprit Grewal (course-based)
- Henning Kolenda: Analysis, Design and Implementation of a Framework for Digital Desk Applications, Master Thesis HS Mannheim, Mar 2007 (research conducted at the EBE Group)
- Andreas Herbig: Digital Tabletop Concurrent Support Framework, Diploma Thesis FH Mannheim, Feb 2007 (research conducted at the EBE Group)
- Sascha Hömig: Feasibility Study and Prototypical Implementation of a Window Framework for Digital Tables, Diploma Thesis FH Mannheim, Feb 2007 (research conducted at the EBE Group)
- Shelly Park: Daily Scrum Meeting Summarizer for Agile Software Development Teams, Aug 2007
- Wenliang Xiong: In-Container Testing for Web Portal Applications (MSc 2006) – He is now working as a software developer
- Lawrence Liu: An Environment for Collaborative Agile Planning (MSc 2006) – He is now working at AeroMechanical Services Ltd. (AMS)
- Harpreet Bajwa: Testing processes for portlet applications (MSc 2005) – She is now a testing process consultant at Prolifics
- Willie Tu – Course-based MSc
- Trevor Foraie – Course-based MSc
- Chris Mann: An Exploratory Longitudinal Case Study of Agile Methods in a Small Software Company (MSc 2005) – He is now working at Microsoft (USA)
- Kris Read: Supporting Agile Teams of Teams via Test Driven Design (MSc 2005) – He is now working at Solium
- Thomas Chau: Inter-Team Learning for Agile Methods (MSc 2005) – He is now working at Solium
- Brian Hoang (Course-based, 2004)
- Amy Law (Course-based, 2004)
- Seth Bowen: Using a Peer-to-Peer Architecture to Support Distributed Software Development (MSc 2003) – He is now working at Solium
- Philip Nour: Ontology-based retrieval of software engineering experiences (MSc 2003) – He is now working at AMS Canada
- Carmen Zannier: Tool support for complex refactoring to design patterns (MSc 2003) – She is now doing her PhD at the UofC
- Milan Springl (Course-based MSc 2003)
- Lance Titchkosky (Course-based MSc 2003)
- Jennie Ye (Course-based MSc 2003) – Now working at Chartwell Technology Inc.
- Christine Li (Course-based MSc 2002) – She now works at the IBM Toronto Lab
- James Tam: Change management support (co-supervisor, MSc 2001) – He is now an instructor at our department
- George Gongchen (Course-based MSc 2001) – He now is a Ph.D. student in the Database group at the UofC
- Zhanshan (Mike) Gao (Course-based MSc 2000) – He now is a consultant in advanced Java development in the US.
- Alexander Herzlinger: Replicated Process Engine (Diplom in Informatik 1999) – He is now a project leader at CSC Ploenztzke in Germany.
- Michael Schlindwein: Software agents for software process support (Diplom in Informatik 1999)
- Sascha Schmitt: CoMo-Kit goes Internet (Diplom in Informatik 1998) – He now works at SAP Germany.
- Dale Couprie: Automated Support for a Customized Personal Software Development Process (MSc 1998)
- Quan Li: Domain Specific Dependencies (MSc 1998)
- Sydney Pratte (2013-2015)
- Edwin Chan (2013-2015)
- Gellert Kispal (2013-2015)
- Gabriela Jurca (2013-2014)
- Mandy Wong (2013-2014)
- Daniel Sabourin (2011-2014)
- Fadi Botros (2012-2014)
- Kevin Bradley (2013-2014)
- Patrick King (2011-2013)
- Nadder Makhlouf (2011-2012)
- Abraam Mikhail (2011-2012)
- Robert Post (2011-2012)
- Keynan Pratt (2008-2011)
- Eric Kryski (2011)
- Michael Chen (2009-2011)
- Jishuo Yang (2010)
- Sabine Heinrich (2009-2010)
- Steffen Salbinger (2009-2010)
- Jens Kordowski (2008-2009)
- Darren Andreychuk (2008-2009)
- Brady Lill (2008) – Now works at Thoughtworks
- Faraz Waseem Malik (2007-2008)
- Felix Riegger (2007-2008)
- Harminder Dhillon (2007) – Now works as an intermediate software developer in industry